VBC Babies (Infants - 2 yrs)
Bible Story: The Last Supper (Matthew 26:26-30; John 13:1-15)
Bible Verse: "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because He has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor" Luke 4:18
Babies Gospel Gems:
- Jesus ate a special meal with His friends.
- Jesus washed His friends' feet.
- Jesus told His friends to remember Him.
- MAIN POINT: Jesus did God's plan.
Play and Learn Activities:
- SING A SONG - Sing to the tune of "Oh, How I Love Jesus": "Oh, how I love Jesus! Oh, how I love Jesus! Oh, how I love Jesus because He first loved me!" SAY: God sent Jesus because He loves us. JESUS DID GOD'S PLAN to rescue us.
- PLAY WITH FOOD - Set a metal muffin tin (6-count muffin tin if you have one, if not, a 12-count muffin tin will work.) on the floor in front of your baby. Place a piece of toy food in each hole. Help your baby develop motor skills by taking the food out of the holes and putting it back. It is OK if your baby gums the food. SAY: Jesus ate a special meal with His friends before He died. Jesus told His friends to remember Him. JESUS DID GOD'S PLAN
BIBLE STORY COLORING PAGE (PRINTABLE)
1. PLAYDOUGH ACTIVITY - Using the playdough you made, or any playdough you have at home, let your toddler make some food for a special playdough feast! As your toddler plays, talk about the Bible story. SAY: Jesus ate a special meal with His friends. Jesus told His friends that He was going to die on the cross and come back to life! Jesus told His friends to remember Him. JESUS DID GOD'S PLAN.
2. WASH TODDLERS' FEET - Play music as you wash your toddlers' feet in warm water. As you wash his feet, tell him how much Jesus loves him. Use your child's name and look her in the eyes as you tell her how much Jesus loves her. Dry his/her feet with a towel and help him put on his socks or shoes. SAY: Jesus prayed for His friends and washed their feet. Jesus told His friends to love each other. JESUS DID GOD'S PLAN.
"Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all His benefits--who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases." Psalm 103:2-3
VBC Kids Jr. (3 yrs - K)
Bible Story: The Last Supper (Matthew 26:26-30; John 13:1-15)
Family Activities: (Choose one and do it with your kids)
"THE LAST SUPPER" ACTIVITY PAGE BIBLE STORY ACTIVITY SHEET FOR KIDS JR (PRINTABLE)
- MAKE FEET LACING CARDS:Use a marker to trace your child’s foot on heavyweight paper. Cut out the foot tracing for younger children and allow older preschoolers to cut out their own foot tracing. Write the main point on each foot tracing. Help your child punch holes around the edge of his foot shape. Give your child a length of yarn and demonstrate how to weave the yarn in and out of the holes. SAY Jesus ate a special meal with His friends. During this special meal, Jesus washed His friends’ feet to give them an example to follow. Jesus loved and helped His friends and taught them to love and help each other. Jesus loved and helped us by doing for us what we could never do. Jesus is our King who died on the cross to rescue us from our sin. ? Heavyweight paper ? yarn
VBC Kids (1st - 4th Grade)
BIBLE STORY: The Last Supper (Matthew 26:26-30; John 13:1-15)
SEPTEMBER BIBLE VERSE: Luke 4:18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because He has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free," Luke 4:18
BIG IDEA: Jesus is worth remembering. Treasure Jesus.
VBC KIDS CHURCH!
DO IT!: (Choose a family activity and do it together!)
The supplies for these are provided in a FREE VBC Kids packet. If you didn't get a packet, you can get one from the church office anytime. Call ahead for hours. 510-799-3171.
OPTION #1: REMEMBER ME
What are 3 things you want people to remember about you? Now, make a list of 10 things you remember about Jesus. (Stories, things He did on earth) Was it hard?
Even though Jesus hadn’t died yet, He wanted His disciples to remember what He was going to do. It was/is the most important thing in all of History!
Why was Jesus dying important?
As believers (followers of Jesus, disciples) we still take communion to remember Jesus and what He did for us.
OPTION #2: Paint with feet (Paint, Paper, Wipe)
Put paper on the floor or outside on the concrete (Put newspaper underneath to protect the floor). Use the paint to draw a picture of your favorite food to eat at a feast, but you can only use your bare feet to paint. After you finish, use the wipe to clean every bit of paint off your feet.
Was it harder than you thought to clean your feet? To really clean someone’s feet, you have to work hard to clean every crevice and between each toe. In today’s story, Jesus cleaned His disciples’ feet! Their feet were super dirty from traveling in sandals for days. Jesus served His disciples by washing their feet, and He wants us to serve others.
Recipe for Unleavened Bread: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/241680/unleavened-bread-for-communion/
Anyone can eat unleavened bread (bread that doesn’t rise).
But to eat it as part of “Communion” is very serious.
SO, WHAT IS COMMUNION?
Here are some principles to help us understand it better:
- Communion is for followers of Jesus. People who believe Jesus died on the cross to pay for the sins of the world and have accepted Jesus’ payment on the cross for their sins are followers of Jesus, or Christians. Jesus told His followers communion was something they should do together.
“For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night He was betrayed, took bread, and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, ‘This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” 1 Corinthians 11:23-24
- Jesus wants us to use communion to remember Him, and tell others about Him until He returns. ”’...do this...in remembrance of Me.’ For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.” 1 Corinthians 11:26
- The bread and juice represent His body and blood.
“And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, ‘This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.’ In the same way, after the supper He took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.’” Luke 22:19-20
- Check yourself before taking communion. Is there something you’ve done wrong before the Lord that you need to make right? “So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.” 1 Corinthians 11:27-29
Communion Passages: 1 Cor. 11:23-29; Matt. 26:26-30; Luke 22:19-20
ASK YOUR FAMILY:
QUESTION #1: Would you do that? (Answer honestly)
- Scrub the bathroom.
- Change a diaper.
- Take out the trash.
- Walk the dog.
- Dig a hole in the mud.
- Wash smelly clothes.
- Repaint a house.
- Clean your room.
- Serve food at a busy restaurant.
- Wash dishes at a restaurant.
- Do the dishes for your grandma.
- Wash other people’s dirty feet.
Most of those tasks don’t sound very fun! How about that last one—wash other people’s dirty feet? I’m not sure I would want to wash anyone’s feet. I’m not sure I would even let someone else wash my feet! But in the Bible story we heard today, Jesus washed His disciples’ feet. Why would He do that?
“When He had finished washing their feet, He put on His clothes and returned to His place. ‘Do you understand what I have done for you?’ He asked them. ‘You call Me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.’” John 1:12-15
8/9 Kids Church Video - Jesus Healed a Man and Forgave His Sins (Mark 2:1-12)- Jesus Has Power to Heal and Forgive Sins. Trust in Jesus!
8/16 Kids Church Video - Jesus Healed a Man with Many Evil Spirits (Mark 5:1-20) - Jesus Has Power Over Evil. Trust in Jesus!
8/23 Kids Church Video - Jesus Healed a Woman & Raised a Girl (Mark 5:21-43) - Jesus has power over our bodies. Trust in Jesus!
8/30 Kids Church Video - Jesus Raised Lazarus from the Dead (John 11:1-7, 17-44) - Jesus has power over death. Trust in Jesus!
9/6 Kids Church Video- Jesus was Anointed (Matthew 26:6-13, John 12:1-8) - Jesus is worth everything Treasure Jesus!
9/13 Kids Church Video - Jesus Cleansed the Temple (Matthew 21:12-17, Mark 11:15-19) - Jesus is worth honoring. Treasure Jesus.
If you have any questions about this, we'd love to talk to you and help you find answers in God's Word! Email us at [email protected] or find us on social media @vbckids.
GOD'S PLAN FOR YOU:
THE BIBLE OVERVIEW: