What is it? Back to School Swapping
In addition to the Back to School Shopping we all have to do, we wanted to provide an opportunity for Swapping! Most of us have things that are too small for our kids or school supplies they didn’t use. Bring them during the drop off times and we’ll sort them in preparation of our swapping event on Saturday. On Saturday, come early for a continental breakfast and relax time, and we’ll let you in to begin finding new-to-you clothes and school supplies for your kids starting at 10am!
When? Saturday, July 20, 2019
Continental Breakfast starting at 9am
Clothing & School Supply Swapping is from 10am-12pm
Sunday, July 14, 9am-12pm
Wednesday, July 17, 6-9pm
Friday, July 19, 9am-5pm
Place? Valley Bible Church, Family Life Center, 1477 Willow Avenue, Hercules
How much? Free. We ask that you drop-off gently-used/new clothing, school supplies, and like-new shoes during the drop-off times the week before.
Will you provide bags? We will have a limited number of bags. Please feel free to bring your own swapping bags.
Can my kids come? Yes. VBC Kids is sponsoring this event, so what kind of Kids Ministry would we be if kids weren’t welcome! That said, there won’t be anything special for them to do, so if you don’t like shopping with your kids, you may want to find something else for them to do.
What swapping items can I drop-off for the event?
YES! Please bring:
- Clothing - Like-new without holes, stains, or broken zippers
- Shoes - only new or like-new with little to no scuff marks and still has tread on the bottom.
- School uniforms
- Socks/Underwear – NEW, UNOPENED PACKAGES ONLY
- Sports and dance shoes - only new or like-new with little to no scuff marks
- Sports equipment – Clean in like-new condition
- Packages of diapers and pull-ups
- School Supplies - Looks new/unused
- Backpacks and lunchboxes – Clean, unused, or in like-new condition
NO, thanks. Not this time:
- No clothing with holes, stains, broken zippers, or missing buttons
- No used undergarments
- No books/workbooks/coloring books
- No toys
- No furniture
- No car seats or other baby gear