How to Know Christ
Receiving Jesus Christ as your personal Savior is the most important decision you will ever make.
TO RECEIVE CHRIST
1) You must acknowledge yourself to be a sinner in God's sight (Romans 3:23), unable to correct your condition by yourself (Ephesians 2:1-3 & 1 Corinthians 3:14) and in need of a Savior (Romans 3:24 & Romans 6:23).
2) You must believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross in your place in order to be the Savior you admit needing (1 Peter 3:18, Colossians 1:19-20, & Ephesians 2:4-7).
3) You must personally receive Jesus Christ into your life by faith (Ephesians 2:8-9), believing that He takes away sin (1 Peter 2:24).
4) Saving faith demands that you turn from sin. The Bible calls this repentance (Acts 17:30-31). Repentance is followed by public acknowledgment of your faith in Jesus Christ. This act is called confession (Romans 10:9).
5) This is a personal decision between you and God, but we would be happy to assist you in this eternally important matter.
WHAT TO PRAY
Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and need your forgiveness. I believe that you died for my sins. I want to turn from my sins. I now invite you to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow you as Lord and Savior. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Should you desire to make this decision today or if you would like to know more about becoming a Christian, call the church office at (510) 799-3171. We are here to help.
I'm a New Believer! Now What?
Are you new to the faith and want to learn more about God? Find a New Believer's class which will help you understand the basics of your new life in Christ! Visit our Small Groups page! You will find New Believer's groups and other Small and Life Groups that may interest you!