If you're interested in serving in the Worship Ministry, use the links below!
The Valley Bible Church Worship Ministry is the place to be if you are overwhelmed with gratitude toward your Savior and you want to be poured out as a “Servant not a Star” (Philippians 2:1-11). Sometimes we pray more than we rehearse, and we thank God for those times. We want to be people who live “lives of worship” instead of just something we do once a week on a stage. God gave us music as a way to express our joy, and joy is a fruit of the Holy Spirit!
As a ministry we have 6 objectives we use to give direction to what we do when we come together so that we can accomplish those things that we have stated as our mission statement. They are as follows:
- We PRAY together before we do anything as a ministry fully believing that as we pray we humble ourselves before God almighty and acknowledge our desperate need for a great Savior in every area of our life. This is a serious step in tearing down the walls of pride that can so easily present themselves, in a creative ministry. Eph. 6:18
- We MEMORIZE SCRIPTURE together for we know that sin will keep us from the Word of God, but that the Word of God will keep us from sin. Psalm 119:11
- We LOVE one another by praying for each other, submitting to one another and by being transparent with one another so that we know how we can help show love to each other. 1 John 3:14
- We ENCOURAGE one another to keep up the good fight and to finish the race. Heb. 3:13 & 10:25
- We MAKE MUSIC together lifting up the name of Jesus. Not to show off our talent but to use every fiber of our being to glorify God our Savior, offering our bodies as living and holy sacrifices. Eph 5:19, Psalm 47:6, 89:1, 33:1-3
- We LAUGH together because as we learn to laugh together hopefully we learn to laugh at ourselves and with that we become less prideful, more approachable and hopefully more like Jesus. Prov. 15:13a, Neh. 8:10, Prov. 17:22